Below are a few highlights from the Iron Man 3 panel from Comic-Con…
One of the biggest mysteries that have been denied ever since it was rumored, is that Ben Kingsley IS playing the Mandarin in Iron Man 3.
- This is a stand-alone, Iron Man only movie. We won’t be catching any other bits outside of the world of Tony Stark.
- They will have an Avengers end-credits scene.
- Director Shane Black said they’re half done filming.
- Contracts for Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle are up after this movie.
- Despite rumors, Stark does not fall of the wagon.
- Even though Tony and Bruce Banner drive off together at the end of The Avengers, we won’t be seeing Banner in IM3.
The clip shown the audience sounded cool. The scenes depicted include Tony Stark’s house gets destroyed, which includes all his armors. There’s a voice-over by The Mandarin saying that he’s not a terrorist, but a teacher.
Then the audience watches a scene of Stark testing his Extremis armor as the various pieces fly at him to attach. But he seems to be working out some bugs.
I can’t wait to see the footage for myself. Between multiple sources, the descriptors are fragmented.
Other Marvel Movie News:
The Guardians of the Galaxy movie was confirmed.
Edgar Wright showed test footage of Ant-Man.
Thor 2 now has a title: It’s called Thor: The Dark World
Captain America 2 is titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Ant-Man Teaser Poster:
Thor: The Dark World (Thor 2) Teaser poster:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Captain America 2):
Iron Man 3 teaser poster:
Godzilla teaser poster:
Man of Steel poster:
Pacific Rim movie poster: