After seeing the newest teaser clips from the Man of Steel movie, starring Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, I thought I’d wait out the dozens of other websites that were trying to beat everyone else to it be describing it… I didn’t want to waste both yours and my time trying that stunt.
Instead, I deployed patience.
About Man of Steel Movie
The movie summary goes as follows:
A child sent to Earth from a dying planet is adopted by a couple in rural Kansas. Posing as a journalist, he uses his extraordinary powers to protect his new home from an insidious evil.
Eh… nothing new there.
Check out the cast…
- Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Russell Crowe as Jor-El
- Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Michael Shannon as General Zod
- Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy
- Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
- Jadin Gould as Lana Lang
- Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van
- Dylan Sprayberry as Clark Kent at 13
- Tahmoh Penikett as Henry Ackerdson
- Antje Traue as Faora
- Michael Kelly as Steve Lombard
- David Paetkau as Threat Analyst
- Richard Schiff as Dr. Emil Hamilton
- Harry Lennix as General Swanwick
- Alessandro Juliani as Sergeant Sedowsky
Regular readers might remember I tried prying some info out of Michael Kelly during our interview, but he was “mum” on what his character’s interaction involved.
But there’s a pretty hefty lineup of actors here.
Check out the trailers that came out yesterday with The Dark Knight Rises… they are slightly different, but not by much.
Man of Steel Teaser Trailer A:
Man of Steel Teaser Trailer B:
This almost looks more like a great dramatic approach to Clark Kent versus some of the popcorn noise that has come out in the past.
Then again, Christopher Nolan is producing. Need I say more? It is directed by Zack Snyder off a script from Nolan and David S. Goyer.