It’s another year and it’s time for another set of Wednesday evening Summer Concert series events where friends and family can hang out together and enjoy the ambiance of some great, outdoor entertainment at Fremont Park in downtown Menlo Park.
This year promises to be another great set of events, starting with the Summer Block Party to kick things off, then seven weeks of bands.
It’s always a fun time to be had by all. Here’s the schedule, as it stands today:
Wednesdays, from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- June 19th: Livewire Band (Rock/Pop)* [Block party from 5pm to 9pm on Santa Cruz]
- June 26th: The Megatons (Funk/R&B)
- break week
- July 10th: Tsunami Band (Classic Rock)
- July 17th: Cocktail Monkeys (Pop/Disco)
- July 24th: The Hot Rods (Rock-n-Roll) (returning band)
- July 31st: Jessica Johnson (Soul/Jazz)
- Aug 7th: Tom Rigney and Flambau (Cajun/Zydeca/Blues)
- Aug 14th: The Sun Kings (Beatles Tribute) (returning band)
As you can see, we only have two bands returning from last year, and last year, Menlo Park had cancelled the closing Block Party. This year, it’s not even on the schedule.
So the block party slated for June 19th is IT for street parties.
See you folks there. I’ll be there with camera in hand!
[Menlo Park .org] <- this resource link has other great information about upcoming events! You should check it out!