This year the concert series runs on Wednesdays (as it always does) from June 18th to August 13th, 2014, starting at 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
The concerts prove to be very popular from year to year, and this year, the first night of the series (6-18-14) will be kicked off with not only a band in Fremont Park, but will also run in conjunction with a Downtown Block Party which will run from 5pm to 9pm, on Santa Cruz Ave.
There will only be one block party during the concert series this year.
Here’s the Menlo Park 2014 Summer Concert Series schedule
- 6-18: The Sun Kings (Beatles Tribute) and Block party.
- 6-25: The Megatones (Funk/R&B)
- 7-9: Ballroom Blitz (Rock/Pop)
- 7-16: Con Brio (Blues/Jazz)
- 7-23: John Garcia Blues Band (Blues)
- 7-30: Jessica Johnson (Soul/Jazz)
- 8-6: West Grand Boulevard (Motown)
- 8-13: Hot Rods Band (Rock-n-Roll)
From my experience, The Sun Kings seem to be the biggest draw of the summer, but don’t let that distract you from the other performers. They’re all great.
Every night is an opportunity for a nice family outing so bring your picnic baskets, blankets, friends and what not for a great weekly event in the middle of the week.