This year’s Summer Concert Series in Menlo Park will be taking place starting on Wednesday, June 17th and will run through to August 12th, 2015. The series takes a break on July 1st.
The concerts are slated to take place in Fremont Park in downtown, located at University and Santa Cruz, each one slated to start at 6:30pm and run to 8:00pm.
Also, they are having a block party that first night. (I was wondering about that, considering how the last few events have been dwindling in participant and vendor participation. The last one was downright disparaging. BUT if you play your cards right, you can get Amici’s pizza by the slice during these block parties, and that’s a yummy proposition!)
I could not find a list hosted on any Menlo Park city web page, so I scrolled the calendar, month by month and built the list of bands playing at this year’s Menlo Park Summer Concert Series:
- June 17th: The Sun Kings (Beatles Tribute)
- June 24th: Times 4 (Urban Jazz & Groove)
- July 1st: (No concert, enjoy July 4th!)
- July 8th: WJM (Classic Rock)
- July 15th: Hot Rods Band (Rock & Roll)
- July 22nd: David Correa and Cascada (Latin)
- July 29th: Tom Rigney and Flambeau (Cajun, Zydeco, and Blues)
- August 5th: Tia Carroll (Blues)
- August 12th: Con Brio (R&B, Soul, and Funk)
– – –
If you have never gone to one of these concerts, they are fun. Everyone piles into the park bringing chairs and blankets for an evening picnic and enjoys the ambiance with friends and neighbors while the kids roam around, playing at the park’s edge. Pick a night/band theme and check it out. The Sun Kings are fun.
Hope you guys find a good night and enjoy! No, I won’t be seeing you there. I have relocated to Morgan Hill, but since I’ve covered these events over the last several years, and I could not find trace of an announcement on the MP city web site, I thought I would continue the practice. -Bruce
– – – – –