It’s seemingly official, and that is that the Supernatural character, Bobby Singer, is dead. But that’s OK, since Jim Beaver is headed off to Justified!
Bobby Singer is a character played by Jim Beaver on the CW network series, Supernatural. The series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, brothers, who up until now, have depended heavily from time to time on their mentor, Bobby’s help.
But when Bobby was shot, I wasn’t too worried because several months prior, Sera Gamble said that he’ll be a fixture for many seasons to come.
Boy, did I bite that bait!
As it stands, TV Guide interviewed Jim Beaver about his character passing and it was nice to see some of the things Beaver noted, and I also learned that it would seem a lot of his characters get shot in the head!
The Interview Highlights:
- Beaver got “the call” after shooting episode 6.
- It’s the call no actor really wants to get.
- He didn’t like it, but dramatically, it was the perfect call.
- It was an amazing & perfect episode for a guest actor to be able to have. Referring to “Death’s Door.”
- Any hospital scene with Beaver in bed, Jared tends to twist his toes.
- The production played a tribute video on-set for everyone.
- Will there be a ghost of Bobby down the road? (That tribute video seemed to cement the idea that no, there won’t be.)*
- Fan reactions are across the board, but many feel like they’ve lost a family member.
On Justified, Jim Beaver played a security guard named Shelby. He was a guard at the mine that Boyd Crowder tried to rob. The guard was later fired.
Crowder (played by Walton Goggins) will be contacting Shelby with an interesting job opportunity. Beaver says his character will show up in episode 7 and could run his story-arc out through the rest of the season.
Which is good news, because I hate withdrawels for an actor I have come to appreciate over the years!
Plus, with many characters ending their arcs with bullets to the head on Justified, Jim Beaver says he takes that for granted these days.
[Jim Beaver interview on TV Guide]