The new movie trailer for Terminator: Genisys came out today and I have to say, I’m not sure what to think about it. I’m not inspired or put off.
But it is confusing. I have lived a long time with the status quo of who, what and how things have occurred within the framework of this franchise, and now this reboot is coming at us. Or is it a reboot.
It is yet one more actor who plays John Connor. And another actor who plays Sarah Connor.
But then there are the two Terminator models that Arnold Schwarzenegger plays… if you look closely, you will catch what I mean, as far as age of the android.
“The year is 2029. John Connor, leader of the resistance continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles offensive, John’s fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when TECOM spies reveal a new plot by SkyNet that will attack him from both fronts; past and future, and will ultimately change warfare forever.”
Cast includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney.
Wow, it is weird to see Emilia Clarke doing something other than a regal dragon queen from Game of Thrones.
Also, what is up with that crazy stupid bus flip? Really?
But look at what else is suggested…
- That a Terminator gets to Sarah Connor when she is a child.
- We see that Arnold has been waiting for, well, Arnold, which I presume, completely remakes any time line there was from any previous movie.
- We have our liquid cop terminator (Byung-hun Lee) back.
- Jai Courtney naked… I’m sure there won’t be any complaints.
- We get to see the actual time travel device.
- Take care of her for me turns into, holy crap, she’s helping kick ass!
- The classic drum beat is there, as are a few of the classic lines. HOW can you not include those?
- And the big question… where is Doctor Who’s Matt Smith? Does he have a tiny role not worth previewing, or such a huge role that that will be saved for another teaser?
- I have to wonder of all the battle scenes aren’t cover moves to distract the mecha while Reese teleports out?
- Ooh, lots of T-800s stored on ice, naked!
- It looks like the timeline is the same as the first Terminator movie. Maybe.
- Reese is sent back to stop the assassin, but Sarah says “we” already took care of him.
- Why is Arnie’s hand steaming in the rain?
And the biggest take-away is they took a page from J.J. Abrams Star Trek move and made the sequel and time traveling prequel / reboot. Well, let’s see what this flick has to offer us… it’s the first of three new films, so it better be good or the other two will be scuttled for sure!